Do feel like God is ignoring you?
Tick tock.. tick tock.. for some its biological, for others its climbing the ladder, for others its finding a soul mate. Whatever it is that you are waiting for it can sometimes feel like God is withholding, or at least taking His good ole time!
And, then we start to ask, “why me, Lord?”.. “how come they have what they want, but I’m still waiting?”. Come on.. sound familiar? I know it does to me.
Here’s what happens. Most people believe God hears them, but most people have their own schedule. Their own by when date. And, usually God takes way longer than most people would like.
And, then we start telling God what to do and exactly how to deliver it. We get carried away. We make up reasons why waiting isn’t good for us and why it’s in His best interest to let us have “IT” now.
STOP.. Slow your roll.. Put the brakes on… LISTEN UP
Gods timing IS PERFECT!! Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. AMEN!!
Instead of rushing God, which you can’t do anyway, get out your soul journals and ask yourself some questions.
- What is it that God wants me to learn during this waiting period?
- Am I truly prepared to receive my answered prayer? If not, how do I prepare?
- What scripture can I read to help me be more patient? Research, and learn scripture.
- How will this bring me closer to God?
- What has my relationship with God been up to this point? How can I make it stronger?